3.0.15 missing ne2k-pci module?

Hello boot-floppies team,

I tried to do a floppy-less (windows+loadlin) install but stalled when I
found that the ne2k-pci module was missing.  I was using the udma100
files.  I need this module for my RealTek 8029 ne2k clone.

I also wonder, and I hope this isn't a FAQ, why the install drivers
include modules for more than is needed to bootstrap the install
process?  It seems like everything needed to get almost any machine
online would fit on less than 6 disks.  For example, I'd remove the
following modules:

    ipv4/ip_masq_*
    video/*
    misc/*

This came to 6M uncompressed when I looked, or half the entire modules
hierarchy.

And why is the install kernel used as the system kernel rather than
installing a kernel-image-... package.  Is this historical?

I hope my comment and questions prove helpful.

Robert

--
 \ /   ASCII Ribbon Campaign    | Robert de Forest