Re: boot-floppies auto partitioning & hardware detection

On Wed, Oct 24, 2001 at 04:50:33PM -0700, Christoph Lameter wrote:
> Then we would probably need arch specific default partitioning strings.
>
> Do all arches support fdisk? Then we could simply have different schemes
> depending on arch.

no, macs must use mac-fdisk, m68K uses pmac-fdisk iirc (though it may
be the same as mac-fdisk, a 68K person would have to comment).
powerpcs using dos partition tables use fdisk of course.  sparc uses
it as well.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/