Re: Network (re-)setup after the first HD reboot possible?

Thank you for the quick reply.

Adam Di Carlo wrote:

Well, I dunno what you're doing, but if you're a net admin, I would
use DHCP.  If your a distributor of some sort, I guess I would work
with the netbase maintainer and get some sort of debconf action going
on.

I'm thinking of "selling" pre-installed Debian computer systems for end users. With the current (or old?) installer, I must either customize the network configuration per user or instruct users to edit those configuration files by hand, both of which are what I'd like to avoid in a long run. If it could be solved, I could even make a minimally-configured installation image in advance.

--
"Free software is not for free."
Kaz Sasayama <Kaz.Sasayama@HyperLinuxJP.com>; Screen Name: kazssym