Re: using loadlin from windows

Othmar Pasteka <pasteka@kabsi.at> writes:

> [if i should submit a bug report for the whole mail or the
> various pieces tell me]

Yes, you should, but it's an ldlinux or a linux thing.  I don't think
there's anything that we in the boot-floppies can do.

> i just discovered the following: if i start windows, go to the
> dos mode (not the dos window; the dos window also doesn't work,
> it reports that there is insufficient memory for that, i can
> check what the exact error is when someone wants to know) and use
> loadlin, my 3c905C Tornado gets assigned the irq 0, which is not
> very cool. when i reboot and start windows with the prompt only mode
> and then start loadlin everything is fine.

I dunno, in Win98 I'm able to start realmode DOS (it quits all other
apps and basically drops outta window) and everything with my 3c509
works fine.

> the nic gets a proper irq
> (15) and network install works.
> anyway, i was quite confused when i wanted to set up the network
> and everything seemed to be fine but actually it wasn't ok, since
> my nic had an inproper irq. in this case the installer should
> display a window with a warning/error msg that the nic couldn't be set
> up. and maybe give the error string from the syslog or whatever.

Well, again, it's an ldlinux or a kernel issue.