Re: debootstrap 0.1.15.5, urgent for woody, needs testing

On Mon, Oct 15, 2001 at 02:48:25AM -0400, Adam Di Carlo wrote:
>    * apply patch from Tommi Virtanen which improves the 'smallyes'
>      function; apparently this fixes a console-tools postinst loop,
>      although I haven't seen that (closes: #115581)

ummm, i don't see what his patch accomplishes except taking more disk space.

>  smallyes() {
> -  YES="${1:-y}"
> -  while true ; do echo "$YES" ; done
> +  if [ "$#" = "0" ]; then
> +    YES=y
> +  else
> +    YES="$*"
> +  fi
> +  while true ; do
> +    echo "$YES"
> +  done
>  }

if you look at all the calls to smallyes you see that its always
called with one arg and one arg only, if its not called with any arg,
my version uses `y' by default.  what is this supposed to do?

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/