Re: wget usage from kernel.sh

On Tue, Oct 09, 2001 at 11:06:14PM +0200, Eduard Bloch wrote:
> Hello,
>
> while experimenting in a fresh chroot environment on i386, I noticed
> that wget is used, but I could not find out how. Currently, wget
> seems to be only used on alpha and s390, so which part invokes wget? If
> nobody can explain, I will set Build-Dependency on wget without arch
> limits.

its used instead of apt-get.  common.sh is using debootstrap download
functions directly, debootstrap has to be installed otherwise it will
fail miserably i suppose.  debootstrap only recommends wget, i don't
know why, i suppose it can work without if you have a basedebs.tgz...

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/