Re: Where O where is my basedebs.tgz?

On Wed, Oct 03, 2001 at 11:13:28AM -0700, David Kimdon wrote:
> so where should basedebs.tgz be placed? Where should it be created?
> I suggest that the boot-floppies build create it and it be placed in
> dists/potato/main/disks-$(arch)/current/
> just like baseX_X.tgz used to be.

Agreed with where it should be placed, but it's not quite so clear
where it should be created: it needs to be (well, ideally would be)
updated with every upload of either debootstrap, or any package in base.

On the upside, it's simple to create them, given an installed copy of
debootstrap. Hrm, I probably should change that so that you can just run
'debian/rules basedebs' from an unpacked source tree. Hrm.

Cheers,
aj

 ``Freedom itself was attacked this morning by faceless cowards.
     And freedom will be defended.''   Condolences to all involved.