Re: [Patch] Documentation updates (multiple languages)

On Sun, Sep 30, 2001 at 07:45:42PM -0700, Chris Tillman wrote:
> > I changed 'Command' to 'Option' in a couple of places
> > referring to the meta key needed on Macs for switching to virtual
> > consoles (with linux keycodes). On some keyboards, the Option key
> > is labeled Alt but on many older ones, it is not.
> >

> However, I just noticed: the installation on my OldWorld uses Option as the
> patch suggests; but on my iMac, it still needs Command. This is even true if
> I switch VCs before configuring the keyboard in the first step. What gives?
> I'm using the same files for both, 3.0.14.

if you choose the Apple-USB keyboard layout command=alt

if you choose the other layout (don't remember what its called
offhand) then option=alt (the default from booting the kernel).

despite the name, Apple-USB works perfectly fine with apple adb keyboards.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/