Bug#112569: marked as done (packaging issues)
Your message dated 25 Sep 2001 15:54:35 -0400
with message-id <email@example.com>
and subject line bugs closed in boot-floppies 3.0.14
has caused the attached Bug report to be marked as done.
This means that you claim that the problem has been dealt with.
If this is not the case it is now your responsibility to reopen the
Bug report if necessary, and/or fix the problem forthwith.
(NB: If you are a system administrator and have no idea what I am
talking about this indicates a serious mail system misconfiguration
somewhere. Please contact me immediately.)
(administrator, Debian Bugs database)
Received: (at submit) by bugs.debian.org; 17 Sep 2001 18:58:14 +0000
>From debian-bugs-3M=BzxBcjvJq@ruediger-kuhlmann.de Mon Sep 17 13:58:14 2001
Received: from mailgate.rz.uni-karlsruhe.de [220.127.116.11] (exim)
by master.debian.org with esmtp (Exim 3.12 1 (Debian))
id 15j3aw-0006kO-00; Mon, 17 Sep 2001 13:58:14 -0500
Received: from wh36-a402.stud.uni-karlsruhe.de (firstname.lastname@example.org [172.20.230.85])
by mailgate.rz.uni-karlsruhe.de with esmtp (Exim 3.16 #1)
id 15j3au-0006v2-00; Mon, 17 Sep 2001 20:58:12 +0200
Received: from ruediger by wh36-a402.stud.uni-karlsruhe.de with local (Exim 3.33 #1 (Debian))
for <email@example.com>; Mon, 17 Sep 2001 20:58:11 +0200
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 20:58:11 +0200
From: =?iso-8859-1?Q?R=FCdiger?= Kuhlmann <debian-bugs-3M=BzxBcjvJq@ruediger-kuhlmann.de>
Subject: packaging issues
Message-ID: <[🔎] 20010917205811.B4028@wh36-a402.stud.uni-karlsruhe.de>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
boot-floppies should depend on bogl-bterm. It would also be nice if it could
depend on a package containing the tool zips (loadlin & rawrite), then the
default config could default to their location. I also wonder why LATIN1
doen't contain de in the default config file.
Received: (at 112569-done) by bugs.debian.org; 25 Sep 2001 19:40:31 +0000
>From firstname.lastname@example.org Tue Sep 25 14:40:31 2001
Received: from arroz.onshored.com [18.104.22.168] (postfix)
by master.debian.org with esmtp (Exim 3.12 1 (Debian))
id 15ly4F-0007n8-00; Tue, 25 Sep 2001 14:40:31 -0500
Received: from arroz.onshored.com (localhost [127.0.0.1])
by arroz.onshored.com (Postfix) with ESMTP
id 8FE3993808; Tue, 25 Sep 2001 15:54:35 -0400 (EDT)
To: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org,
Subject: bugs closed in boot-floppies 3.0.14
Organization: onShore Development, Inc
From: Adam Di Carlo <email@example.com>
Date: 25 Sep 2001 15:54:35 -0400
User-Agent: Gnus/5.0808 (Gnus v5.8.8) Emacs/20.7
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1
We believe the problem you reported has been closed in boot-flopppies
3.0.14. The changelog is included below. We invite you to test that
new version. If your problem is still occuring, we can reopen the
bug, or you can file a new one.
...Adam Di Carlo..<firstname.lastname@example.org>...<URL:http://www.onshored.com/>
boot-floppies (3.0.14) unstable; urgency=3Dlow
* Stefan Gybas
- use kernel 2.4.7 on s390
- tweaked contents of s390 initrd
- ignore devfs partitons in libfdisk
* Gerhard Tonn
- add support for IBM partition table on s390
- add support for rescue disk
- .tar-place-holder file added
- use kernel/modules 2.4.7 on s390
- special inittab.install for s390 added
* David Kimdon
- add clearer instructions for driver-# floppies from
Bernie Boudet <email@example.com>
- 2 Danish translation updates thanks to
Claus Hindsgaul <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- update url of PC Hardware FAQ; closes: #110255
- make tftpboot images for i386; closes: #108103
- fix missing fdisk.txt; closes: #107598
- document 'Report a Problem' menu choice
- Policy: do debug mode if DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS says so
* Phil Blundell
- use glibc 2.2.4 for arm
- bump RiscPC root disks to 4200 blocks, and netwinder to 4000,
so modules and i18n support will fit
- include adfs.o and floppy.o on arm root disks; actually try to
load the SCSI modules added back in 3.0.8
- detect revision J/K SA-110 chips; if found, advise the user
that trouble may lie ahead
- try to stop `images-2.88' popping up in the arm files list
- arm 2.4.5 kernel doesn't seem too stable; drop back to 2.2.19
for netwinder and riscpc (shark is only supported in 2.4)
- try to make arm builds work with USE_LANGUAGE_CHOOSER
* Eduard Bloch:
- reformated German boot message to fit on 80x25
- German translation updates
- started building udma100-ext3 flavor on i386, ext3 autodetection
- user query about ReiserFS v2, fs selection fixes
- updated copyright year in the f10.txt files; closes: #110710
- integrated testing parted option on i386_udma-100 flavor.
* Christian T. Steigies
- m68k: add arch specific posttask to make amiboot and dmesg executable
* Ethan Benson
- Make build fail if rootimage is larger then the floppy image.
- Redesign filesystem creation/mounting to cleanly, and dynamically
support multiple filesystems, redo the ext3/reiserfs code.
Now dbootstrap will offer a menubox list of supported filesystems.
A filesystem is offered as a choice when both a) the running kernel
supports it, and b) there is a mkfs for that filesystem. If only Ex=
is supported the behavior is exactly as its always been.
- Add is_filesystem_supported() function to util.c.
- Add XFS filesystem support.
- Fix partition mounting so it works properly again.
- Remove bogus and non-existent reiserfs partition type, reiserfs is
not, and should not get its own partition type, it should use the
"Linux Native" partition types that already exist on most/all
architectures. The redesigned mounting code does this.
- Redo fstab generation to work properly with multiple filesystems.
- Moved is_fstype() function out of baseconfig.c and into util.c. Its
useful elsewhere (now also used in bootconfig.c).
- Quik setup aborts if root partition is not ext2.
- Eliminate ioctl messages that were spewed all over the screen
during kernel installation. (perror() -> ERRMSG() don't use
perror() in boot-floppies!)
- Check for parted correctly.
- Remove ddisk and cfdisk from pmac root floppy, we don't need them and
there is not sufficient space.
* Richard Hirst
- redirect info output from downloadpkg() to stderr, so offline_mode=
- ia64 now uses kernel 2.4.9 and libc 2.2.4
- hppa now uses kernel 2.4.9
- ia64 now uses compressed kernels
- hppa: move vmlinux symlink in to /boot for palo
- ia64 and hppa: add a kernel-choice section to docs
- ia64 now uses mckinley-smp kernel
- ia64: add efi/boot/bootia64.efi to rescue.bin
- hppa: add warning about 2GB limit for /boot to PALO screen.
* Adam Di Carlo:
- only include reiserprogs stuff on the reiserfs flavor; this may help
with the 1.2MB images
- fix minor SGML build issues
- integrate and rework patch from Samy PERSEHAIE, now you can set
KBD in config when you build, and that still will be suppressed
during installation; obviously, that is turned off by default
- also from Samy PERSEHAIE, French listed as a Latin-1 language
- similarly, R=FCdiger Kuhlmann pointed out German should be there too;
I'm sure there are many more, I wish someone would just do a full
pass over that...; closes: #112569
- synchronize, for all architectures, the keymaps we ship and the
keymaps used by dbootstrap; closes: #84388, #109925
* Chris Tillman
- numerous documentation fixes and updates
* Marcin Owsiany
- various language chooser fixes; this is reputed to work now,
although the on-screen fonts are scrambled