Re: Compact 3.0.14 + PCMCIA

"Robb Kidd" <rkidd@ncmec.org> writes:

> 	[I messed up and sent this first to debian-testing.]
> On a rickety Digital Hinote II with a 3Com Etherlink III (3C589C)
> PCMCIA NIC ...
> 	The initial install with the rescue+root+drivers-1+http went
> very well except that after the first reboot, the system did not
> automatically bring up the NIC to continue system
> installation. Popping over to another virtual console and giving it an
> /etc/init.d/pcmcia restart brought the NIC back up with the correct
> config fed to install previous to reboot and I was able to resume the
> system install.

Well, I'm glad to hear it works, aside from this "restore networking
at boot" glitch.  I recently did an NMU to dhcp-client that I think
bears on this problem.  It may fix it in fact.

You can test with the official 3.0.14 we're building now, or not wait,
and check it this way:

If you remove /etc/rc?.d/*dhcp-client, then reboot, does the pcmcia
networking come up properly on it's own?

Also, is /etc/pcmcia/network.opts setup properly?