Re: debootstrap stalls

On Thu, Sep 20, 2001 at 10:06:59PM -0700, Chris Tillman wrote:
> > At this rate debootstrap might get the base system loaded by next year
> > if I am patient enough :)
> >

> I was trying to access http.us.debian.org last night with apt-get. I was
> having a great deal of difficulty getting and keeping a connection, I
> suspect maybe it was getting DOS attacks from the latest worm.

http.us.debian.org has sucked long before this worm came along.  use
http://ftp.kernel.org instead its better, though i still have problems
with it resetting the connection (but only on slow connects such as
56K)  to work around that use ftp instead, ftp://ftp.kernel.org

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/