cvs commit to boot-floppies/utilities/libfdisk by eb
time: Mon Sep 10 05:39:12 PDT 2001
- Redesign filesystem creation/mounting to cleanly, and dynamically
support multiple filesystems, redo the ext3/reiserfs code.
Now dbootstrap will offer a menubox list of supported filesystems.
A filesystem is offered as a choice when both a) the running kernel
supports it, and b) there is a mkfs for that filesystem. If only Ext2
is supported the behavior is exactly as its always been.
- Add is_filesystem_supported() function to util.c.
- Add XFS filesystem support.
- Fix partition mounting so it works properly again.
- Remove bogus and non-existent reiserfs partition type, reiserfs is
not, and should not get its own partition type, it should use the
"Linux Native" partition types that already exist on most/all
architectures. The redesigned mounting code does this.
- Redo fstab generation to work properly with multiple filesystems.
- Moved is_fstype() function out of baseconfig.c and into util.c. Its
useful elsewhere (now also used in bootconfig.c).
- Quik setup aborts if root partition is not ext2.
- Eliminate ioctl messages that were spewed all over the screen
during kernel installation. (perror() -> ERRMSG() don't use
perror() in boot-floppies!)
- Check for parted correctly.
All changes have been well tested.
changed: fdisk.c fdisk.h