Re: build failure on ia32

Adam Di Carlo <adam@onshore.com> writes:

> Martin Schulze <joey@finlandia.infodrom.north.de> writes:
>
> > Is this an error we will ignore today?
>
> Oh, we should fix it.  Bump up the size.  I wonder what is causing the
> bloat...?

Sorry, wrong answer.  We can't bump up the size.

Somehow the root.bin is a lot bigger than it used to be.  Even
compressed root.bin doesn't fit for root1200.bin.

Yet, strangely, I see that the size of the root filesystem has shrunk,
at least, for my local copy, where I have mklibs.py enabled:

Old:                     total   used-block  free  %used
old_root.bin             3414      2988       426  88%
new_root.bin             3414      2848       566  84%

Researching some more, I see this in 3.0.13:

<aph@auric:images-1.20> pwd
/home/aph/dists/woody/main/disks-i386/current/images-1.20

<aph@auric:images-1.20> gunzip -tvv root.bin
root.bin:
gunzip: root.bin: unexpected end of file

I guess it's been broken for  a while.

We should jsut diable 1.2MB disks then at the moment.

Maybe permanently, but I fear the firestorm...