Re: Still no base tarball

On Thu, Aug 23, 2001 at 08:35:17AM -0400, Dale Scheetz wrote:

> I would think that would be obvious. It saves about 5 hours of download

lets not exaggerate, 1 to 1.5 hours max.

> time on a 56K modem. It provides a CD archives that matches the FTP
> archives, providing least surprise to the user.

if they have CDs they will NEVER need the tarball, either the machine
in question will be able to read the CD and thus use the real archive,
or it will require floppy images not a tarball.

> Looks like a completeness argument to me...

looks like a useless bloat argument to me.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/