Install fails on Compaq Deskpro

Hello

I have a potato install problem with following hardware:
Compaq Deskpro Pentium II 266MHz, SCSI hard drive 4GB, 96MBRAM,
cd-rom,floppy, Matrox Millenium 4MB, ps2 mouse.

>From rescue floppy I boot and press enter. The hard drive contains no data.
What I get is follows:

boot:
Boot failed: please change disks and press a key to continue.

Disk was written with rawrite2.exe on a windows98 IbmThinkpad laptop.
Two different new floppies were tried. The rescue.bin and rawrite2.exe
were from Debian 2.2.r2 cd-rom, burned image. One succesful install
was made to another machine using this cd before.

I'm not member of this list.

Thanks for any help!

Br,

Pekka Rinne