Re: [BusyBox] BusyBox 0.52 wget broken

On Mon Jul 23, 2001 at 10:13:23PM +0200, Martin Schulze wrote:
> Erik Andersen wrote:
> > On Thu Jul 19, 2001 at 11:49:19AM -0600, Matt Kraai wrote:
> > > Howdy,
> > >
> > > As noted by Per Wigren <wigren@home.se>, BusyBox 0.52 contains a
> > > broken wget.  This will prevent debootstrap's http method from
> > > working.  It has since been fixed in CVS, but a new version of the
> > > boot-floppies should not be built until a new version containing
> > > this fix is uploaded.
> >
> > I was planning on getting a new busybox release out
> > the door last night.  But then I got tired and fell
> > asleep.  Hopefully today...
>
> Any news on that issue?  Your mail is from July 19th and it's now July
> 23rd (or something like that).  We're still struggling with this.  For
> mipsel I've patched the wget.c file and it works now, but this should
> be released somehow...

On July 20th, Matt Kraai reported that the wget bug (while it does exist) does
not afflict the boot floppies.  So (since I am on vacation at the moment) I
felt I was able to ignore the problem with a clear conscience and so I have
been enjoying my vacation.  Your email seems to implay that Matt was not
correct in his assessment.  Is this indeed preventing net installs, or merely
preventing you from using wget at the command line?  If it is the former, I'll
get a new package uploaded tomorrow (Tuesday).  If this bug is merely
preventing wget from working at the command line, then I'll get a new package
put together on Saturday, when I get back from my vacation in Yellowstone.

Let me know,

 -Erik

--
Erik B. Andersen   email:  andersee@debian.org, andersen@lineo.com