Re: help with x

On Mon, Jul 23, 2001 at 10:13:21PM +0100, James Rodgers wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've just recently bought the official Debian 2.2 r3. I have installed it
> onto my machine however I can't get X to work. I have configured it using
> anXious and I believe the configuration to be correct however when I
> startx I get a screen with rows of dots and unrecognisable squiggles. Do I
> have some sort of conflict or is my configuration wrong?

Yes. You should use a linelength of 0 characters or less.

Oh, you want help with your problem? Well, you are asking on the completely
wrong mailinglist. There is a description for the various mailinglist on the
debian webpages. Try debian-user. I guess giving some information would
help as well. At least tell them what hardware you are using. I guess if you
managed to install debian on your cellphone you can not expect a very high
resolution...

Christian