Re: question about X-configuration of debian from newbie.
- To: email@example.com
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- Subject: Re: question about X-configuration of debian from newbie.
- From: David Kimdon <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 08:29:10 -0700
- Message-id: <[🔎] 20010723082910.A96126@ogun.gordian.com>
- Mail-followup-to: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- Reply-to: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- In-reply-to: <[🔎] firstname.lastname@example.org>; from email@example.com on Mon, Jul 23, 2001 at 02:48:11PM +0200
- References: <[🔎] firstname.lastname@example.org>
This question is appropriate for debian-user, debian-boot only handles the
base install (which doesn't include X). It is best to send to only one list
first rather than cross-posting to multiple. I'm forwarding to
debian-user, and I can suggest the package 'xf86setup' and the program
Mon, Jul 23, 2001 at 02:48:11PM +0200 wrote:
> first of all, I am sorry if I annoy you with my silly question. I just
> installed Debian 2.2 (potato) and encountered X-windows problem. It seemed
> I configured wrong driver for the monitor so I could not start x-windows.
> Normally, I used Redhat and there was the feature called "Xconfigurator" which I
> could configure my montitor later when the driver didn't be compatible and I
> could probe as well. I don't know if there's the feature like this exists in
> Debian? I often have the problem with monitor's driver because my monitor is
> noname so it would be great if debian contains such feature.
> Thank you so much for any suggestion in advance.
> Sincerely yours,
> Pattreeya, debian newbie.
> GMX - Die Kommunikationsplattform im Internet.
> GMX Tipp:
> Machen Sie Ihr Hobby zu Geld bei unserem Partner 1&1!
> To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to email@example.com
> with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org