Changes: boot-floppies (3.0.8) unstable; urgency=low
* Matt Kraai
- check that DHCP really did successfully configure the interface
- report floppy merge problems so that they aren't ignored, and
handle short writes gracefully (reported by A. Robicek)
- restore escape characters to f5.txt (closes: #104114).
- in the `Report a Problem' step, log cp error messages instead of
dirtying the console, and fix a segmentation fault (closes: #104117)
- check host name for RFC 1035 compliance (closes: #105364).
* Adam Di Carlo
- debian/control: new Uploaders tag in source package for potential
source uploaders (requires new dpkg-dev)
- rootdisk: lazybox referred to nano rather than nano-tiny
* Ethan Benson
- Use e2fsprogs-bf instead of e2fsprogs
- rootdisk.sh: don't rm -rf $E until after mklibs.sh is run
- rootdisk.sh: run mklibs.sh with -L $E/lib:$E/usr/lib:/lib:/usr/lib
this way we don't end up getting the binaries from the extract area
and the non-pic libs from /lib and /usr/lib (instead of the extract area).
- Add support for installing base via a pile o' floppies (not tested yet).
- Set TMPDIR=/target/tmp in ybinwrapper, avoids failures since ramdisk
root filesystem is small.
- Add yaboot binary to $release/powermac so users don't have to go find one.
- Change rootdisk permission fixup to not touch device file permissions,
that way loop mounting a root.bin does not create a security hole.
- Fix floppy_split to properly pad the last floppy with nulls.
- Change `Install Operating System Kernel and Modules' to
`Install Kernel and Driver Modules' so aj won't be confused.
- Add patch from Colin Walters to support basedebs.tgz.
- Ignore .resource and .finderinfo when building lists of valid directories
- Make problem_report create a .fdisk-dump file for each disk, contents is
the output of fdisk -l <disk>.
- Update mac partition types/descriptions.
* Henning Heinold
- Alpha kernel is now 2.2.19
- Alpha glibc is now 2.2.3
- mipsel kernelversion is now 2.4.5
- fixing some points of the alpha build
* Christian T. Steigies
- m68k: Penguin-19 replaces both -18 and -17
* Richard Hirst
- ia64 support. Now invokes elilo to do boot partition setup.
- Don't redisplay keyboard selection menu if user hits cancel on it. Makes
it easy to keep kernel keymap if a suitable alternative is not available.
- hppa: tidy up better in release.sh:do_arch_hppa()
* Phil Blundell
- include SCSI support in RiscPC root disk
* David Kimdon
- Danish update to dbootstrap thanks to Claus Hindsgaul <email@example.com>
- when writing a problem report nfs mount must be read/write
Thank you for your contribution to Debian.