Re: [webguy@wingnutmedia.com: Mac 68K boot instructions]

On Sat, Jul 21, 2001 at 04:59:51PM +0200, Josip Rodin wrote:
> ----- Forwarded message from Greg Olson <webguy@wingnutmedia.com> -----
>
> Delivery-date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 07:08:44 +0200
> Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 01:07:27 -0500
> From: Greg Olson <webguy@wingnutmedia.com>
> To: owner@bugs.debian.org
> Subject: Mac 68K boot instructions
>
> Hello,
> Please add this info to the file: debian-mac.txt in the macinstall.tgz
>

> root=/dev/ram - add this to kernel boot options in Penguin.
> If you do not put this in, you get an error.  Took me days to track this
> down.
debian-mac.txt:
[...]
If installing from CD-ROM, double click on the "Penguin" icon in the
/install/mac directory on the CD.  Do this after you have copied the
Penguin18.hqx file to your hard drive, deBinhexed and unpacked it. Put
root=/dev/ram in the kernel options and set kernel and ramdisk path.

Sorry, we do not ship glasses with the boot-floppies.

Christian
--
http://people.debian.org/~cts/