New Install (easydeb)

Hi,

I am creating a new install for debian. The aims are:

- Use parted so partitioning can be automated.
- Configuration is done after reboot.
- Fit on 1.44 boot floppy.
- Small libc6 is not required.
- reduce number of config questions asked.
- autodetect hardware
- newbie friendly

Basically what it does is:
Partition, copy base.tgz from cdrom, chroot /dev/hda /sbin/lilo
reboot. At current stage of development it only uses /dev/hda on
i386. Partitioning not tested, as i only have one HDD.

Have a floppy image called easydeb.img, happy to download it to
debian so you can have look. Just tell me where.

   Take care,  />    Parents are the censors, not ISPs
    Rob ;-)    \>    http://www.alphalink.com.au/~rbrowne/linux.php