Re: boot-floppies 3.0.7 for m68k

> On Fri, Jul 06, 2001 at 03:02:04PM -0500, Christian T. Steigies wrote:
>
> > I am uploading the latest m68k boot-floppies build to:
> >  http://auric.debian.org/~cts/bf/
> what a pitty that I have to follow up myself... trying to install this at
> home, I get the following messages:
>
>  installing kernel and modules from /instmnt/Debian-2.3
>  ig-: not found
>  extracting Rescue Floppy from non-floppy device /instmnt/Debian-2.3 failed with 1

Seems I've been somewhat more lucky on Atari.

Minor gripe: could we get the installer to add a leading / to the
archive path when the dumb user forgot to put it there? Sure happened to
me, you guessed it.

Well, now for the test results: I oould get all the way to starting to
install the base system (that involves loading the ethercard module and
configuring the network on this particular box; I guess Atari owners
without ethernet card are pretty screwed at this point :-). debootstrap
started and downloaded Release and various Packages.gz files. Actually,
on the very first try it failed to get the Release file, dunno why.
Kudos to the busybox maintainers for including ping which helped to
verify that http.us.debian.org was, in fact, alive and reachable.

So far, so pretty. The whole install ground to a halt with a message
box:

Failure trying to run: mount -t proc proc /proc

and VC 4 had

chroot: cannot execute mount: no such file or directory

Indeed, /target/bin was missing, and /target/sbin only had
update-modules. The ramdisk had /bin/mount allright though (but copying
that to /target/bin or /target/sbin didn't help). I recall reading a
similar report either here or on debian-powerpc so I'm not telling
anything new here I suppose.

CC me (or m68k-build@nocrew.org) on replies, I just test this stuff.

	Michael