boot-floppies 3.0.7 i386 for testing
You can find boot-floppies 3.0.7 at
I need "sanity testing" so I can be sure that it's safe to upload
this officially. That means, I need to know if there are any
significant bugs *introduced* by this build.
Please cc replies to <email@example.com>.
The jump from 2.3.6 to 3.0.7 is not because this is a major upgrade,
but rather because the first 2 numbers of the b-f version is supposed
to match the Debian release it's for, and Woody is 3.0 (not 2.3).
Attached is the changelog for 3.0.7.
.....Adam Di Carlo....firstname.lastname@example.org.....<URL:http://www.onshored.com/>
boot-floppies (3.0.7) unstable; urgency=low
* Adam Di Carlo
- doc, i386: point to documentation on how to invoke more bioses
- woody is going to be 3.0, rather than 2.3; bump package version for
boot-floppies as well
- dbootstrap: remove the options for installing potato or slink, since
that's not really supported nor tested anyhow; default if quiet is
- powerpc: BootX and bootvars should be put in tools dir (which is
/archive/debian/tools by default) rather than
downloaded every time, current URLs are
- debian/control: remove depends on linuxdoc-tools (powerpc only) and
snarf (no longer needed)
* Stephen R Marenka
- use stable, testing, unstable, to report SUITE to base-config in
* Ethan Benson
- enable `Edit Kernel Boot Paramaters' for powerpc
- add support to run_plilo_quik() for additional kernel paramaters
- add support to run_plilo_yaboot() for additional kernel paramaters
(requires yaboot >= 1.2.1-1.2.2-1)
- only check for root being on the first disk if we are dealing with IDE,
its not necessary for scsi
- remove woody.debs and sid.debs from rootdisk again, debootstrap no longer
- Add --arch ARCHNAME to debootstrap's arguments, this way debootstrap
no longer needs /usr/lib/debootstrap/arch.
- Remove /usr/lib/debootstrap/arch from rootdisk.
* Matt Kraai
- ifconfig down static interfaces to clear old gateway information
- abort pcmcia configuration entirely if the user chooses cancel
* Chris Tillman
- heavy updates to the Installation Manual for woody and better
-- Adam Di Carlo <email@example.com> Thu, 28 Jun 2001 19:25:35 -0400