Re: time for boot-floppies 3.0.0

On Fri, Jun 29, 2001 at 03:44:48AM -0400, Adam Di Carlo wrote:
> Anthony Towns <aj@azure.humbug.org.au> writes:
> > On Fri, Jun 29, 2001 at 02:16:18AM -0400, Adam Di Carlo wrote:
> > > So -- I need to wait for new debootstrap 0.1.15 w/o the 'seq'
> > > dependancy?
> > Yeah, but I uploaded that yesterday, so it should be fine. Depending
> > on whether there are other bugs as well or not.
> Ok.
> So, time for 3.0.0 ?
> We still have problems with PCMCIA but I guess that's because the
> pcmcia-modules package that doesn't sync in woody yet?

Personally, I'd make it 2.3.99 or something, and do 3.0.0 in a few days
or a week when (a) floppy/mounted installs of base appear in the UI and
(b) when we have pcmcia modules; but I've been known to be too obsessed
with drama in the past.

Aside from (a) and (b) above, is there anything the potato boot-floppies
do particularly better than woody boot-floppies at this point that anyone
knows of?

Cheers,
aj