Re: [patch] debootstrap basedebs tarball support

On Wed, Jun 20, 2001 at 06:15:02AM -0800, Ethan Benson wrote:
> the tarball must contain cache/apt/archives/ and lib/apt/lists (or
> state/apt/lists).

So anyway, I'm adding this atm, somewhat modified. You'll need
a tarball (.tar or .tgz) that contains ./var/lib/atp/lists and
./var/cache/apt/archives instead. Syntax should be something like:

	debootstrap --boot-floppies \
		--unpack-tarball "/mnt/debian/basedebs.tgz" \
		woody /target null:

Alternately (particularly for floppy installs with very limited disk
space, IMO), you should be able to just untar the .tgz straight into
/target, and call debootstrap as:

	debootstrap --boot-floppies woody /target null:

Cheers,
aj