Re: Install manual organization

Hi,

> Chris Tillman <toff@Obsession.onshored.com> writes:
>
> > 9 (new chapter) Task and Package Installation
> > 7.28 Package Installation: Simple or Advanced
> > 7.29 Simple Package Selection -- The Task Installer
> > 7.30 Advanced Package Selection with dselect
> > (new) Package Installation from the Command Line

I suppose this is about using apt to install packages, right?
Perhaps there should be a small note in there that apt can't handle
Recommends: and Suggests:, and dselect is still the preferred package
selection utility for daily (non-installer) use.

I have seen in local newsgroups things that didn't work the way people
expected (they didn't break, but lacked some extra functionality in most
cases) just because they only used apt-get.

> > (new) Package Configuration
> > 7.31 Log In

Regards,

Filip

--
> I wasn't aware that BSD license was so short, i assumed it was
> loong like GPL and friends.
No, BSD folks got other things to do than write licences. *duck*
	-- Arthur Korn