configuration of base packages

Howdy,

First, I was able to install using the 2.3.6 i386 compact
boot-floppies.  The only non-standard thing I had to do was edit
the sources.list to refer to woody instead of stable.  It looks
like this will be fixed once a new base-config propogates into
woody (and be even better with the next bf release).

Now, the problem.  There does not appear to be any obvious time in
which the base packages are configured.  For example, I am never
asked how to setup exim so that email works correctly.  This needs
to be fixed before the release.  Should we have base-config
dpkg-reconfigure all the base packages?

Matt