Re: serious problems with new debootstrap / busybox wget

> On Fri, Jun 22, 2001 at 12:36:33AM -0400, Adam Di Carlo wrote:
> > Download from http.us.debian.org is hanging.
>
> It might be worth trying ftp.kernel.org instead. It seems pretty
> reliable. :-/

Yes, I just suceeded in doing it from a fully installed woody system.
So I think the problem was that one of the hosts in the
http.us.debian.org rotation is dead (zeus).

> > In other news, the new debootstrap is failing with "mout -t proc proc
> > /proc".  Is it not doing this properly in the chrooted area?  Again,
> > needs more research.  Just reporting it informally here for early
> > warning.
>
> Seems to work fine on i386 (outside of boot-floppies anyway); so I'd guess
> this is powerpc specific. Maybe kernel related? Really don't know. :(

Strangely, didn't hit this bug when I tried debootstrap a fully installed
woody system.   Perhaps a problem with chroot.  I'll have to
investigate more.

--
.....Adam Di Carlo....adam@onshore.com.....<URL:http://www.onshored.com/>