2.3.6 report

I just tested an idepci install of a pre-2.3.6, building on woody and installing
testing.  Stage 1 worked very well.  Stage 2 didn't work so well only because
updated base-config (at least) hasn't made its way into testing.  In fact
nothing is fixed in Stage 2 from the last time I installed about a week and a
half ago.

I don't see a good solution to this, but it is annoying.  There is probably a
very good reason the base-config in testing is still 1.00.   I don't think we
should be installing sid, but maybe that is the only way to make real progress.

All in all the errors are mostly cosmetic.  I hope we move to quickly freeze
base because boot-floppies are ready for it.

-David