Re: Patch not included in e2fsprogs 1.21.

[cc-ing boot-floppies team to let them know]

On Fri, Jun 15, 2001 at 07:44:43PM -0400, tytso@mit.edu wrote:
> I've rejected this patch, for two reasons.
>
> (1) It's not needed any more since you can now configure e2fsprogs to
>     generate a "lite" version of libext2fs.so.2.4.

OK I'll replace that with with an e2fsprogs-bf package.

> (2) The patch is busted (not correct).  The object files being placed
>     into the libext2fs_pic.a file are the non-shareable .o files, not
>     the PIC .o files.  You need to cd into the elfshared subdirectory to
>     get at the PIC files, and the Makefile fragment doesn't do that.

Woops... I should really read how vars are used before assuming they
hold a full path to files... :}

> I've left the _pic rules in the debian subdirectory, but in my opinion
> those should replaced with rules that do a separate build in a second
> directory using the --disable-swapfs, --disable-debugfs, et. al. flags.

You might as well remove the refs to *pic from the control and rules
files, or the build will fail because of the missing pic targets in
the Makefile's.

Regards,
--
Yann Dirson    <ydirson@altern.org> |    Why make M$-Bill richer & richer ?