dpkg-checkbuilddeps

Hi,
I'm having a little trouble with the boot-floppies dpkg-checkbuilddeps:
dpkg-buildpackage: build architecture is m68k
dpkg-checkbuilddeps: Unmet build dependencies: zlib-bin, dosfstools, linuxdoc-tools, snarf
dpkg-buildpackage: Build dependencies/conflicts unsatisfied; aborting.
dpkg-buildpackage: (Use -d flag to override.)

When I use -d, it fails nevertheless after some time with the same message
(again).

Two things are very interesting:

debian/control says:

Build-Depends: glibc-pic, slang1-pic, libnewt-dev, libpopt-dev, zlib1g-dev,
recode, gettext, m4, debiandoc-sgml, libi18n-langtags-perl, man-db,
libpaperg, tetex-extra, perl5, libwww-perl, pointerize, libgd-dev,
libbogl-dev (>= 0.1.6-1), bison, ash, dpkg-awk, flex, file, debhelper, gawk,
python-dev, python-xml, busybox, bf-utf-source, zlib-bin [i386], dosfstools
[powerpc alpha m68k], linuxdoc-tools [powerpc], snarf [powerpc]

So on m68k, I should not need zlib-bin, linuxdoc-tools, or snarf.

Also I have those packages installed...

cts@aahz:/build/boot-floppies/woody/boot-floppies>dpkg-checkbuilddeps
dpkg-checkbuilddeps: Unmet build dependencies: zlib-bin, dosfstools, linuxdoc-tools, snarf

cts@aahz:/build/boot-floppies/woody/boot-floppies>dpkg -l zlib-bin dosfstools linuxdoc-tools snarf dpkg
ii  zlib-bin       1.1.3-15       compression library - sample programs
ii  dosfstools     2.8-1          Utilities to create and check MS-DOS FAT fil
ii  linuxdoc-tools 0.9.7.3        SGML converters for the LinuxDoc DTD only.
ii  snarf          7.0-2          A command-line URL grabber
ii  dpkg           1.9.7          Package maintenance system for Debian

Who's fooling who? Or is this a special feature of the boot-floppies?
I think dpkg 1.9.8 for m68k was not built/uploaded because the i386 version
made some trouble.

Christian