Re: pppoe for bootdisks 2.3

Sat, Jun 09, 2001 at 07:25:52PM +0200 wrote:
> Is it possible to integrate pppoe in the bootdisks for woody?
Depends on what you are trying to do, here are some possabilities :

1 - run 'Install the base System' phase on pppoe.  That will require pppd and
pppoe at least on the boot medium.  For CD installs that isn't a problem [1] but
for floppy installs it may be, we already have a fairly full floppy, some
configurations no longer even fit on a 1.44 M floppy :-( .  We can't even do
this phase using straight ppp at the moment because no one has written support
for it (and it might not fit anyway).

2 - Configure a system post-install to use pppoe.  This is certainly possible,
maybe even easy.  Once the system has been rebooted the package 'base-config'
runs.  This program currently can set up normal ppp so it probably isn't much of
a stretch to make it do pppoe.

David

[1] : But if you already have a CD you will be installing the base system from
CD anyway, no need for pppoe or a network of any kind to get the base system
installed in the Cd-based installs.