Re: When to install?

On Thu, Jun 07, 2001 at 10:44:32PM -0700, Ian Turner wrote:
> I have a couple of machines I'd like to install Debian on: A Gateway
> laptop, and a desktop built with commodity hardware.
>
> My question is this: When would be the best time for me to install, in
> order to help test the Woody installer?

You probably won't be able to get a working system installed using
the woody installer, as it is still pretty raw at this point.  So
if you don't mind reinstalling, rinsing, and repeating, you can
start testing the latest set of boot-floppies [1].

If you want to get other work done, you'd be best to use the
potato boot-floppies and then dist-upgrade to woody.

Matt

1. http://people.debian.org/~aph/debian/dists/woody/main/disks-i386/current/