Re: MacOS floppy creation

On Mon, May 28, 2001 at 06:19:20PM -0400, Adam Di Carlo wrote:

> Regarding the licensing for a little frob thingie on the CD to make
> things easier, I recommend you simply place whatever AppleScript
> snippets under the public domain, it's very simple and small and easy.

now that i think about it your right.  the applescript snipplets can't
be compiled binaries since that would put non-free/non-distributable
software on the CDs.  and gpling the applescript may not be legal
since the applescript system itself is going to link it into
proprietary code (AFAICT).  that is not permitted under the GPL.

> Regarding putting things on the CDs at all, please take it up with the
> Debian-CD group.
>
> I agree with Ethan that it is not acceptable to require proprietary
> software for the use or *building* of any part of Debian.
>
> I also go further and state, at least in the end-of-life
> boot-floppies, I will reject any changes that complexify the build
> process at all.

good, they damn things are complicated enough as it is ;-)

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/