Re: kernel for woody

"John H. Robinson, IV" <jhriv@ucsd.edu> writes:

> we have a 2.2.x kernel for about half the architectures, and a 2.4.x
> kernel for the rest. are we going to have a 2.4.x kernel for all our
> architectures when the woody floppies are released?

Nope, I don't think so.  I mean, I'm leaving the option open.  There's
no law that all arches need to use the same kernel, nor should there
be.  Different architectures tend to get better results from different
kernels.

> what's the likelyhood of supporting grabbing the ramdisk over nfs?
> (thinking specifically of i386 architecture - this may be too niche of a
> market to widely support, and i'll accept that argument)

I dunno, NFS diskless installs already should be working for non-i386
arches, so I don't think there's all that much blocking it.

--
.....Adam Di Carlo....adam@onshore.com.....<URL:http://www.onshored.com/>