Re: libutf8, bogl, bgf fonts and tools vs boot-floppies

At Mon, 28 May 2001 02:12:55 +0200,
Marcin Owsiany wrote:
> On Mon, May 28, 2001 at 01:00:16AM +0100, Edmund GRIMLEY EVANS wrote:
> > I have asked before, but never received a satisfactory answer, what
> > you should do if you want a "standard" UTF-8 locale. Probably there
> > should be something like "C.UTF-8".
>
> Right, but there is no C.whatever locale in /etc/locale.gen :-\

yup, this is considerable issue.

C.whatover, POSIX.whatever is not appropriate because C is allowed to
have only ASCII characters. Moreover, C.whatever cannot use under current
glibc, because glibc deals with C/POSIX locale as special locale.
But, I don't know there is another good locale name...

Regards,
-- GOTO Masanori