Re: sound card detection in base

On Fri, May 25, 2001 at 09:45:42PM -0400, Joey Hess wrote:
> konstantin cherkasoff wrote:
> >
> > Noway.
> > The _base_ must be realy base. I don't want clean my system after install.
>
> wvdial, ppp, pcmcia-cs, pcmcia-modules, base-config, console-data,
> console-tools
>
> Only a few of the things I typically remove after installation.

Possibly, but all of these could be needed to be able to install in the first
place. Except for the two console* packages, they are not strictly needed -
but then everyone would be stuck with US keyboards.

A sound card detection util is *never* needed to install your system.

Regards,

Filip

--
* CQ is very tempted to play 'flying laptops' ...
* CQ wonders if a windows laptop dropped from a 3.6km high mountain would