Re: MacOS floppy creation

On Thu, May 24, 2001 at 04:45:26PM -0700, Chris Tillman wrote:
> > Chris, if you can please send a corrected patch (as a mime attachment)
> > to this list, I can apply it to the potato version.
>
> See attached 2 files, I hope they are mime, I'm using emacs mail.

they were not mime..

> +        <item>
> +Obtain <url id="&url-powerpc-resedit;" name="ResEdit">.  Use it to
> +open the <file>root.bin</file> file (a resource fork will be added to
> +the file).

adding a resource fork is harmful.  you should not open the file in
resedit, instead you must use the `get file/folder info'  from under
file.  iirc this does not open the file nor add a resource fork (no
corruption)

or use another utility, there used to be something called chown for
macos that changed these silly codes.  (as opposed to changing file
owners as in *nix).

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/