Re: udma100

On Thu, May 24, 2001 at 03:19:41PM +0200, Ovide Sebastian wrote:

> I want tu buy a computer with udma100, Can I ?
>
> Is it possible to install potato r2 with udma100 ?

Make sure the particular controller is supported by the linux kernel.

Then,

<http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=82018>

from the above link it looks like you should try the latest idepci boot
floppies available from the following.

<http://http.us.debian.org/debian/dists/potato/main/disks-i386/current/images-1.44/idepci/>

Details on installation can be found in the Debian Installation Guide
<http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/install>.

Good luck!

Stephen

<stephen@marenka.net>