Re: installing on Promise Ultra ATA100 controller / French euro keyboard

On Thu, May 24, 2001 at 07:40:22AM -0400, Funny Write wrote:

> http://http.us.debian.org/debian/dists/potato/main/disks-i386/current/images-1.44/idepci/>
>
> i really don't understand what that directory contains...i used rawrite to
> create a disk from the driver-1.bin, but it wasn't detected when i "inserted
> floppy" for installing a promise ultra ata 100 controller.

This directory contains all of the floppy images necessary to
install the icepci version of Debian potato.  You'll need to
download and rawrite the rescue.bin, root.bin and driver-1.bin
from that directory.

> as for: http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/install
>
> its in czech or some eastern european language...why its the default
> language for debian is not clear to me.

Well, you're browser is probably mucking up content negotiation.
See http://www.debian.org/intro/cn.en.html for instructions on how
to fix this.  Or visit
http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/install.en.html for the
English version.