Re: Problem with boot install of Woody (Testing) "Couldn't download adduser"

On Thu, May 24, 2001 at 12:10:31AM -0400, Adam Di Carlo wrote:
> "Francis Yom" <fyom@symmsys.com> writes:
>
> > I downloaded the disks-i386 bins from woody (testing) in order to net
> > install Woody on a new machine.? Everything worked fine up until the
> > "Install the Base System" section.? I selected Network and then
> > Stable.? I accepted the URL of http://http.us.debian.org/debian.
> > ?
> > When I hit okay, it runs for a couple seconds and then I get the
> > following error:
> > ?
> > "Couldn't download adduser"
> > What's going on?? Can you give me a solution?
>
> We know about it, we're going to work on, no solution yet, sorry.

I'm not positive, but I believe that this was caused by one of the
many recent problems with BusyBox sed.  I think it was mangling
the Release file incorrectly, causing it not to download the
Package files, causing it not to be able to download packages.
I'm going to verify this tomorrow, and if this is indeed the case,
the latest BusyBox upload should fix it, so I'll go ahead and
close this bug.

Once termwrap is added to base-files, I think we'll be ready for a
new boot-floppies build which will Just Work (TM).

Matt