Re: Need help in building my own boot disks

On Sat, May 19, 2001 at 09:04:27PM -0400, Brian Schramm wrote:
> I am running potato with kernel 2.2.19 on it.  I want to build a custom
> kernel that will allow me to boot a new machine with the new netgear
> drivers in it.  I have tryed building the drivers on my machine and just
> copying them over but that does not work.  I am willing to build my own
> disks but when I loaded the boot disks package and read the readme file, I
> tryed doing what it said and failed.  a make check gives back a lot of
> errors and a make release dies too.

Here's how to add a custom kernel to the rescue disk which is the boot
disk for Debian boot floppies. Then you should be able to do a normal
install from floppy. (You can still install the base system from the net
or cd later.)

<http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/ch-boot-floppy-techinfo.en.html#s-rescue-replace-kernel>

Good luck!

Stephen