Re: strange question

I have one of the new adaptec 2940 u2w's... I talked to justin (the guy
that maintains the driver for the aic7xxx), and he gave me an update (its
a fix for what to do w/ the sequencing instructions... I think :). Is it
possible to put the boot floppy on the hd itself and boot from it? (I'm
pretty sure it is, just let me know if I'm way off... should just be
setting boot=/dev/sda and then using the lilo.conf from the boot disk to
setup the correct ramdisks. But then that leads to another
question... I was planning to put reiserfs on this partition, so will I
have to cpio my entire dist put reiserfs on it, and then put it back where
it belongs? I was hoping to just put reiserfs and have the install not
format the partition ext2fs for me. Anyways, any help will be excellent.

Thanks,
jon