Re: 3c59x Installation Support on boot.img

On Wed, May 16, 2001 at 11:25:25AM +0200, Francisco Javier Jimenez Gomez wrote:
> Hi:
>
> I'm a spanish debian user.
> I've installed debian for clustering. My problems were that I couldn't
> install directly from network because the kernel present in the boot.img
> image, hadn't support for the 3com 3c59x (Vortex) I'd to recompile the
> kernel with that option.

I'm not familiar with the boot.img you're talking about, but debian
boot-floppies includes support for the 3c59x on i386 in the compact flavor.
The latest Potato versions are available as follows.

<http://http.us.debian.org/debian/dists/potato/main/disks-i386/current/images-1.44/compact/rescue.bin>
<http://http.us.debian.org/debian/dists/potato/main/disks-i386/current/images-1.44/compact/root.bin>

This information is available in the Debian Installation Manual at
<http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/#new-inst> which appears to have
a Spanish translation at
<http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/index.es.html>.

Hope that helps.