Re: APUS Debian Boot-Floppies Images and bugs

On Tue, May 15, 2001 at 11:11:38AM +0200, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
> On Tue, 15 May 2001, Sven LUTHER wrote:

> > > Floppys on m68k are completely useless AFAIK. Since Amigalilo is not
> > > supported by Debian, who needs floppies anyways when everything comes on CD?
> >
> > Well, you may want to use floppies nonetheless, suppose you have a frechly
> > bought harddisk to install from. Imagine the following scenario (if you have
> > 1.4MB floppies, that is).
> >
> >  - you have one rescue floppy, bootable and formated in amiga style (is that
> >    possible for 1.4MB ones ?). On this floppy you put your gzipped kernel, the
>
> You cannot boot from 1.4 MB floppies, only from 880 kB or 1760 kB floppies.

Well, ok no problem, just make a tarball that can be copied to 1760Kb
floppies, it is even better, since we have more place for stuff.

I don't think we can ever fit a kernel and amiboot in 880kb, could we ?

Maybe a 2 floppies solution ?

Friendly,

Sven Luther