Re: New Woody 2.3.2 boot images for sparc, need testing...

Ben Collins <bcollins@debian.org> writes:

> These are based on the latest CVS of boot-floppies. The major change is
> that the sun4u images are built from the 2.4.4 kernel images. The best
> part about this is that this means that should support Blade 100/1000
> (don't hold me to this, I can't test them) since they are synced with
> vger CVS as of today. The sparc32 images are still based on 2.2.19.

Oy.  Is it really worth it to jump to 2.4.x just for blade?

Is the 2.4.4 kernel in testing at all?  If not, could it be uploaded
with urgency HIGH to get it into testing?

> You'll notice that the sun4u rescue image is 2880k. I know that sparc's
> don't have 2880k floppies, but then again, most ultrasparc's that I have
> used can't boot from floppy anyway. You'll need to netboot with the
> provided tftp image, unless you know how to create a bootable CD with
> the provided files (isn't too hard).

So you're completely dropping 1440k floppies?

BTW, my only woody box is a SPARC, so I've been doing the
boot-floppies source/binary builds on that.

--
.....Adam Di Carlo....adam@onshore.com.....<URL:http://www.onshored.com/>