Re: tasks: counterproposal (and implimentation)

On Sat, May 12, 2001 at 01:39:43PM -0400, Joey Hess wrote:
> (BTW, could someone from Progeny PLEASE speak up and give us a summary
> of how your task analog works?)

I'd tell you in IRC, but whoops, for no apparent reason I've been banned
from the channel.  Probably by someone who has said in the past that
#debian-devel should be "open to all"...gotta love those double standards.

We have "package sets".

Here's an example:

/usr/share/package-sets/progeny/xemacs.contents
/usr/share/package-sets/progeny/xemacs.description

$ cat /usr/share/package-sets/progeny/xemacs.contents
xemacs21
xemacs21-bin
xemacs21-mule
xemacs21-supportel
xemacs21-support

$ cat /usr/share/package-sets/progeny/xemacs.description
XEmacs
 XEmacs is an enhanced version of Emacs, the extensible, customizable,
 self-documenting real-time display editor.  This package includes
 XEmacs as well as an updated version of the Gnus news reader that is
 newer than the version included with XEmacs.

You can override the contents (off the top of my head, not sure about the
description) by creating a file in, e.g., /etc/package-sets/xemacs.contents .

--
G. Branden Robinson             |   Experience should teach us to be most on
Debian GNU/Linux                |   our guard to protect liberty when the