libc reduction and powerpc/apus woody boot floppies.

Hello, ...

As i was no more able to test the boot floppies for the apus powerpc subarch,
for lack of working hardware and time, Giorgio Terzi did volunteer to do the
work. Many thanks go to him for this.

After some time, here is what he did find :

----- Forwarded message from Giorgio Terzi <dem5757@iperbole.bologna.it> -----

now i can load new root.bin image!!!!

The problem was that the reduced copy of libc2.2.2 won't work!
I have sobstituted it with the standard long sized one and all
worked well !

Simple it isn't ? But maked me sweat! :)))))

Note that the reduced libld2.2.2 works.

Now there are 2 alternative strategies:
1) the build software must avoid to reduce that library.
2) To fix the bug in the library

----- End forwarded message -----

Note : The symptoms were that init (from busybox) did not launch correctly,
which makes boot-floppies rather unusable on powerpc/apus right now.

Now, i have been out of boot-floppies development for a long time, and also am
not familiar at all libc's internal.

What is the best way to solve this, should we fill a bug against busybox,
boot-floppies or libc6 ?

Is this a apus specific problem, or something related to the powerpc arch ?

Is it possible to build the boot floppies while not reducing libc ? or is
there size constraints (apus don't has 1.4 MB floppies anyway, so it is just a
file on the harddisk) ?

Any help on further work will be welcome ...

Friendly,

Sven Luther