Re: mklibs, lib_pics ???

Ben Collins wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 26, 2001 at 04:14:52PM +0200, Romain BEAUGRAND wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I'm using mklibs to build small libs from libc6 and other libs.
> > I'm trying to run ntpdate (as a test) depending on librt, libc and
> > libpthread.
> > That's why I added librt and libpthread from my system to my boot-disc.
>
> Which mklibs are you using? You'll need the one from CVS.
>
> --
>  -----------=======-=-======-=========-----------=====------------=-=------
> /  Ben Collins  --  ...on that fantastic voyage...  --  Debian GNU/Linux   \
> `  bcollins@debian.org  --  bcollins@openldap.org  --  bcollins@linux.com  '

I'm using the one from the CVS, but I don't think the problem comes from
mklibs, I think it's comming from some functionnalities not included in
the small lib resulting from mklibs and defined by lib*_pic (I think).

Tell me if I'm wrong, but I think functionnalities of libs used or
unused are defined in the lib*pic.a file and that a functionnality
needed by ntpdate has been excluded.
I'd like to know how to resolv it (probably by building my own lib_pic).