boot-floppies help

I was reading on debianplanet that the release of woody is being held up
because the boot-floppies package is not going along as quickly as
hoped.  What exactly needs to be done?  Perhaps I can help.  I have been
using linux for approx 4 years and debian the last 1 1/2.  I would like
to contribute to debian in some way, so maybe this would be a good way.

Even if you just want to point me in the right direction, that is fine.
I won't need hand holding if there is documentation out there for what
needs to be done, what has currently been done, etc.  :-)

James Strandboge
jstrand1@rochester.rr.com